Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Diet experimentation...

I don't remember his first diet exactly...but I do remember that as I was waiting for the supplements to arrive in the mail he went lame.  I was supposed to be having a riding lesson with my instructor and his assistant trainer, who was going to come out and work Shamrock for me while I was completely swamped with weddings.

It was a weird lameness...he didn't palpate badly anywhere...the first couple of steps he took were the worse, and he didn't flex badly either.  For the most part, it looked like it was a stifle issue, but it didn't worsen on a small circle.  It also wasn't worse in one direction versus the other.

We couldn't figure out what was wrong, chalked it up to some weird PSSM thing and waited until his supplements came to try again.  The hitchiness was better the next day, and then his supplements came and once he was started on them it never happened again.













No comments:

Post a Comment