Tuesday, September 8, 2015

One of My Biggest Mistakes...

One of my biggest mistakes that I made with Shamrock involved my super amazing husband.  He hasn't ridden very much, and the opportunity never really came up for him to learn, between work and his own interests and hobbies.  With Shamrock, we decided that would change.  Soon after getting Shamrock we decided to do a lesson.

From the second my husband mounted up, it was a mess.  Shamrock was a quivering, spooky, scared mess...and unfortunately, I mistakenly thought that my husband's fear was feeding into Shamrock's fear...and actually *causing* it.  I hadn't actually ridden Shamrock since he came home and turned crazy...it was a 45 minute drive to get out there and I also had a 2 year old child that didn't have the patience for me to ride at the time.

So I tried giving my husband a riding lesson and it ended horribly with both of them worse off and more scared than when they started, even though they only walked.  The only experience my husband had with Shamrock aside from this initial lesson that was worse...was the time Shamrock broke one of my husband's fingers...


No comments:

Post a Comment