Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Meet Shamrock

Meet Shamrock...he's a 14.2 (almost) hand APHA gelding...very, very, very foundation bred and full of personality.  He also has PSSM.  I didn't know this until after I owned him for over two years.  He's 8 years old now, but I wanted to share a couple of baby pictures...




And a couple of pictures from when he was a 5 year old...and I went to try him out when deciding to buy him.



 Shamrock was started as a 2 year old, and then turned out for a couple of years.  He was originally going to be a barrel horse.  When I bought him there wasn't much grass in his pasture...there wasn't *any* grass, actually.  He also wasn't being worked at the time...and his calmness/willingness to work is what attracted me to him.  He acted like an old hand with no time off...even went down a narrow trail into the woods and crossed a decently deep creek with no issues.

Then I took him home, to my cousin's place...where he had lush pastures and Triple Crown Complete.  Little did I know what would happen when I basically put him on the very worst diet possible for his genetic condition.






No comments:

Post a Comment