Thursday, September 10, 2015

The time Shamrock broke my husband's finger...

My husband was in the Air Force at the time, and preparing for a deployment.  He came out to the barn to take some video of me riding and then was nice enough to hand graze him after.  That was how I operated...horse started getting better because he wasn't getting grass and food that made him crazy, so I started rewarding him by letting him eat grass.  So dumb.

Anyway, my husband was letting Shamrock graze while playing on his phone.  Shamrock stepped over the lead rope and continued eating.  My not so horsey husband noticed this, decided it must be remedied *immediately* and reached down to flick the rope toward Shamrock's chin so that the excess would be out from between his legs.

Shamrock saw the rope move, panicked, and took off.  Non-horsey husband held on as long as he could, in such a way that the pressure broke the tip of his pinkie.  He didn't have a speck of rope burn though!  So off to the emergency room we went, where the break was confirmed and splinted.  For some reason my husband has had a distrust of Shamrock ever since...




No comments:

Post a Comment