Thursday, September 10, 2015

More trail rides and abandoning Shamrock...

Ever since I got him, Shamrock has trailered well.  He looked at my Equispirit the first time we loaded him after buying him, but walked on after a short wait.  He loaded great for every move and the very first trail ride we went on.



The first trail ride we went on after moving tot he new barn Shamrock did great...other than peeing before we rode and refusing to stand in the pee spot!


He was a tired but pleased pony after the trail ride.  I thought he'd be excited to go home.  He wasn't.  He didn't want to go home at all.  He wanted to stay there.  I almost left him there.  I tried to coax him into the trailer for over an hour.  We moved the trailer so that the sun was shining into it, that way it wasn't dark.  We pulled the trailer away like his buddy was going to leave him.  We moved the trailer so it was backed up to a little hill so that it wasn't so much of a step up.  No dice.  Eventually I took the leadrope off the extra halter and made a psuedo butt rope to encourage him onto the trailer. Finally, that worked.  He was still mine for another day...though many times after that day I wished I *had* left him at Canyon Lake that day! 





No comments:

Post a Comment