Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Help!

One of the best things I did for Shamrock and I was to take him to a desensitization clinic.  We spent the first half of the day doing ground work, then the second half under saddle.  After a little longeing once we arrived Shamrock did *amazing*.  I never thought he would do so well!  It was a huge confidence boost for me and allowed me to trust him again.  He accepted all of the spooky objects, walked into a kiddie pool filled with empty plastic bottles, through pool noodles, and we even drug obstacles around!  He did great, and we followed it up with a lesson on trailer loading...he's loaded great since that lesson, so we were able to start trail riding again!

The next time we went trail riding Shamrock did fantastic.  He was relaxed and fun to ride...I was even able to ride him on a loose rein, and I didn't have to worry about getting him to load while leaving!

The most amazing thing about this picture is that it was taken *before* we went on our trail ride!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment