Thursday, September 10, 2015

Shamrock's diet...

It took a few months to figure out his diet...and then a few more to really figure out exactly how much exercise mattered to his well being.  I'll touch on some of the trails and tribulations it took to get there, but this is the finished diet.  I pre-mix a month or so of supplements at a time, and fill a 4 oz cup with powder for breakfast and one for dinner...splitting all of the powders evenly in half.  Sometimes Lego people play on my filled cups and knock them over, apparently...










DAILY FEED (split into breakfast and lunch)
Triple Crown Senior
4 tbsp of Magnesium Oxide (or MagRestore, I could get away with 1 tbsp less of MagRestore)
8,000 iui natural vitamin e (from SantaCruz)
2 tbsp of stock salt
2 tbsp Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR)


4 Servings of Coastal Hay
1 Flake of Alfalfa Hay


LUNCH (I mix this up myself on days I ride or work him)
Triple Crown Senior
2 tbsp Magnesium Oxide
Splash of Oil
Whatever supplements are left in his feed pan
Enough water to make the supplements stick to his feed

No comments:

Post a Comment